ORZO WITH PARMESAN AND BASIL
This is a simple recipe that everyone loves. For a quick Mediterranean macaroni and cheese, omit the basil. Easily doubled, too!
Provided by DODIEPAJER
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to shallow bowl. Garnish with basil sprigs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.6 calories, Carbohydrate 42.2 g, Cholesterol 24.1 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 11.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 196.7 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
- Preheat a 8 inch pot with a tight fitting cover over moderate heat. Add oil, onion and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes. Add broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Stir in orzo and return broth to a boil. Cover pot and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until liquid is absorbed and pasta tender. Remove lid and stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper to your taste. You favorite fresh herbs may also be stirred into the orzo or rice to strengthen the flavor even more.
PARMESAN GARLIC ORZO
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic in melted butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir orzo into garlic mixture and mix in Parmesan cheese, milk, parsley, salt, and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, Carbohydrate 39.7 g, Cholesterol 35.5 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 454 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
ORZO WITH PARMESAN CHEESE
A lovely side dish -- from "What's For Dinner" by Maryana Vollstedt. (Note: if you find your orzo sticking to the bottom of the pan after cooking, just remove from the burner and place on a hotpad with the lid on -- let it sit about 5 minutes, then stir.)
Provided by vrvrvr
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- Add onion and garlic, saute until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in orzo.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook covered until liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
- Add cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
BAKED ORZO AND PARMESAN CHEESE
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the green onions and garlic; saute/stir for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Add in the orzo; stir constantly/cook 1 minute longer.
- Add in broth, salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add in Parmesan and parsley; stir.
- Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 35-40 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
BAKED ORZO WITH FONTINA AND PEAS
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan. Add the orzo and cook until almost tender, about 7 minutes. Pour the orzo and the broth into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to saute until the mushrooms are beginning to turn golden around the edges, about 7 minutes. Add the Marsala. Scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan and cook until the Marsala has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the mushroom mixture to the orzo in the large bowl. Add the cream, fontina, mozzarella, peas, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, and dried thyme. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top of the pasta. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
ORZO PILAF WITH GREEN ONIONS AND PARMESAN CHEESE
- Bring 3 1/4 cups broth to boil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Mix in orzo and simmer uncovered until just tender but still firm to bite and some broth still remains, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Add green onions and cheese and stir to blend. Season pilaf to taste with salt and pepper. Rewarm over low heat, if necessary, and mix in more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if pilaf is dry. Transfer pilaf to large bowl and serve.
BAKED ORZO WITH PEPPERS AND CHEESE
- Boil orzo in boiling, salted water 10 to 12 minutes until tender; drain.
- Mix orzo peppers, chiles and mozzarella cheese. Place in buttered casserole dish.
- Spread sour cream evenly over top, sprinkle with Parmesan and dot with butter.
- Bake at 450º for 15 mintues until golden and puffed.
- Cool slightly.
CREAMY PARMESAN ORZO
From Cooking Light, this is a wonderful side or light main dish. It is good even without the pine nuts if you don't have them on hand, also any herb will work for the basil, you just may need a little more or less depending on the herb.
Provided by kitchenslave03
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add orzo and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed, and orzo is done, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve immediately.
CREAMY PARMESAN ORZO WITH BACON
This is a delicious side dish. Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta that can be purchased anywhere pasta is sold.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook the bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon (you can drain the bacon fat or leave it).
- Melt 2-3 tablespoons butter, then add in onions and garlic; saute until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the orzo and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the 4-1/2 cups broth; simmer uncovered until the orzo is firm-tender and the broth is absorbed, stirring occasionally (this should take about 7-8 minutes).
- Add in whipping cream and bring to a simmer.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and thyme, then cooked bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- *NOTE* you can thin with additional broth if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 938, Fat 46.4, SaturatedFat 22, Cholesterol 106.9, Sodium 1646.9, Carbohydrate 91.8, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 5.3, Protein 36.1
ORZO WITH GARLIC AND PARMESAN CHEESE
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan and add salt. Add the orzo. Cook, stirring, about 10 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Drain the orzo.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and cook briefly, stirring. Do not brown. Add the drained orzo, orange rind, pepper flakes, reserved cooking liquid, parsley, cheese and pepper. Toss well and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 251, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 21 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 961 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
Here's an elegant and mouthwatering Parmesan Orzo, shared by Marian Platt in Sequim, Washington. The creamy cheese-flavored side dish goes with a variety of entrees and is something to celebrate with its flecks of green onions and red pimientos.-Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding onions during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth; stir in pimientos. Drain pasta; add to cream cheese mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts :
People also searched
More about "baked orzo and parmesan cheese food"
CHEESY BAKED ORZO - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
5/5 (22)Total Time 28 minsCategory Side DishCalories 530 per serving
- Cook the orzo according to the package, making sure to salt the pasta water. Once cooked, drain the water out.
BAKED TURKEY AND SPINACH MEATBALLS WITH ORZO - FOOD NETWORK
Author Amy Stevenson for Food Network Kitchen FromSteps 5Difficulty Easy
PEPPERY PARMESAN ORZO RECIPE | NANCY FULLER | FOOD NETWORK
Author Nancy FullerSteps 2Difficulty Easy
TOP 45 ALL RECIPES PARMESAN GARLIC ORZO
EASY ORZO PESTO SALAD | RISONI PASTA SALAD - BAKE PLAY SMILE
ONE-POT ORZO WITH PEAS AND PARMESAN | KITCHN
15 GREEK ORZO RECIPES LAMB - SELECTED RECIPES
15+ ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DINNER CASSEROLE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
CHEESY BAKED ORZO WITH MARINARA - THE NEW YORK TIMES (2022-12 …
BAKED ORZO AND PARMESAN CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
COZY WILD RICE AND ORZO CHICKEN SOUP. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
TOP 47 ALL RECIPES PARMESAN GARLIC ORZO
ORZO WITH PARMESAN CHEESE / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
MOZZARELLA CHICKEN WITH PARMESAN ORZO - MOZZARELLA CHICKEN
ORZO WITH PARMESAN AND BASIL RECIPE - FOOD.COM
🦋 FULL RECIPE BELOW 🦋 FULLY INSPIRED BY CLASSIC ‘TUSCAN CHICKEN’ …
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #casseroles #side-dishes #pasta #oven #pasta-rice-and-grains #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love