RAGIN' CAJUN EGGPLANT AND SHRIMP SKILLET
We always have a large summer garden where lots of produce lingers into fall. That's when we harvest our onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and eggplant, the main ingredient of this dish. This recipe turns Cajun with the Holy Trinity (onion, celery and bell pepper), shrimp and red pepper flakes. -Barbara Hahn, Park Hills, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place eggplant in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain., Preheat oven to 350°. In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion and green pepper; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; stir in tomatoes and eggplant. Saute 5 minutes. Stir in seasonings. Add shrimp and bread crumbs; saute 5 minutes longer, stirring well., Bake 30 minutes. Remove skillet from oven; top with cheese. Bake 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399 calories, Fat 21g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 131mg cholesterol, Sodium 641mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
SHRIMP AND EGGPLANT DRESSING
Shrimp and eggplant dressing is a very popular dish in New Orleans. This particular recipe is from Nola Cuisine, an excellent New Orleans cooking blog. Prep time doesn't include time to peel and devein shrimp, as some shell-on shrimp already comes split and deveined.
Provided by Jostlori
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring the water to boil in a Dutch Oven. Add the Bay Leaf, bundled Thyme, reserved Shrimp shells, crab boil, any trim from the diced onion, and a handful of Kosher salt. Boil for about 15-20 minutes, skim off the scum from the shrimp shells.
- Add the Eggplant and reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the 3 Tbsp butter in a saute pan. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and a pinch of salt, saute until the onions are translucent, add the chopped Thyme and the chopped shrimp, cook until the shrimp are just cooked through; set aside to cool.
- When the eggplant is very tender remove with tongs to a colander to cool. When cool, squeeze some of the liquid from it and chop.
- In a large bowl combine the eggplant, onion & pepper mixture, egg, fresh basil, and parsley, mix ingredients together well. Add the bread crumbs a little at a time until the right consistency is achieved; it should be not too wet, not too dry. Check the seasoning; season to taste with Kosher salt, Cayenne, and black pepper.
- Add the mixture to a buttered gratin or baking dish. Mix together the topping ingredients, top the shrimp and eggplant dressing with it.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and the topping is a nice golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 654.6, Fat 25.5, SaturatedFat 13.4, Cholesterol 240.7, Sodium 1244, Carbohydrate 78.8, Fiber 22.9, Sugar 18.9, Protein 33.5
BAYOU EGGPLANT AND SHRIMP DRESSING
A dressing recipe from my FIL's collection. I haven't tried this one yet. Posting for safe keeping and cooler weather. Make the cornbread the night before, crumble it, and set it out to dry overnight.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 14 cups
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oil (medium heat) in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add in the onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Saute/stir for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add in the eggplant, stir to combine.
- Cover and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until the eggplant is tender; stir frequently.
- Add in the shrimp and Cajun seasoning; cook/stir for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- Put the shrimp mixture into a large mixing bowl; add in the crumbled cornbread and parsley.
- Gradually stir in the eggs and approximately 1 cup broth, until the mixture is evenly moist but not soggy.
- Season to with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a buttered casserole dish; drizzle with 1/2 cup broth.
- Cover and bake in a 350° oven for about 30 minutes; uncover the last 15 minutes of cooking time if you want a crusty dressing.
People also searched
More about "bayou eggplant and shrimp dressing food"
SEAFOOD AND EGGPLANT DRESSING - DEEP SOUTH DISH
BAKED EGGPLANT WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BEST COOKING BUTTER RECIPES: BAYOU EGGPLANT AND SHRIMP DRESSING
BAYOU EGGPLANT AND SHRIMP DRESSING | CAJUN RECIPES, SHRIMP …
BAYOU EGGPLANT-SHRIMP STUFFING - FRESHMKE
ALL FOR ONE RECIPE BAYOU EGGPLANT AND SHRIMP DRESSING
SHRIMP AND EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) DRESSING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EGGPLANT AND SHRIMP RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: - FOOD.COM
SHRIMP EGGPLANT DRESSING - REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM
EGGPLANT WITH SHRIMP STUFFING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RECIPETHING - BAYOU EGGPLANT AND SHRIMP DRESSING
BAYOU EGGPLANT AND SHRIMP DRESSING - PLAIN.RECIPES
You'll also love