Colorful Caribbean vegetable paella side dish adapted from a National Honey Board Recipe Side dish to Caribbean Honey-Spiced Amberjack with Mango Salsa
Provided by docholliday
Yield 14 1 cup servings, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan with tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir 3 minutes or until rice be-gins to brown.
- Add honey, garlic, salt and thyme; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add broth, Tabasco, greens, squash and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cover and re-duce heat to low.
- Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
CALYPSO RICE AND BEANS
This is a very colorful dish, and with a few ingredients like pineapple, onion, cilantro, and a little jalapeno pepper, you can't go wrong. The flavors definately point to Cuban cuisine, and it really doesn't take long to make it. You don't even have to soak the black beans overnight. Just clean them, cover with water, bring to a boil and then just let them simmer for awhile, while you do other things.
Provided by FLUFFSTER
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Sort and wash beans and place in a medium saucepan. Cover with water to 2-inches above beans; bring to a full boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain beans, and return to pan.Cover beans with 2-inches of water. Bring beans to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Drain beans, and set aside.
- For the rice:.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion , celery, jalapeno, salt, garlic, and bay leaves; saute 4 minutes. Add rice; cook 1 minute. Add 3 1/2 cups water, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Add beans; cover, and simmer 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves.
- Stir in the bell peppers,black pepper, cumin, coriander, and cook 6 minutes. Stir in pineapple and cilantro; cook 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171.1, Fat 2, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 119.6, Carbohydrate 34.4, Fiber 3, Sugar 3.2, Protein 4.2
This rice is good in the winter to bring a hint of the Caribbean to your life! My family especially likes it with Sweet and Spicy Pork Cubes.
Provided by Judedeva
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth and pineapple juice to a boil over high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve with fresh parsley prinkled on top, if desired.
People also searched
More about "calypso rice food"
CALYPSO RICE RECIPE CARIBBEAN-STYLE | MAHATMA® RICE
Servings 8Total Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
CALYPSO BEANS AND RICE RECIPE BY WORLD.FOOD | IFOOD.TV
CALYPSO RICE - THISBAGOGIRL
Cuisine CaribbeanTotal Time 45 minsCategory SideCalories 156 per serving
CALYPSO BASICS BY RESTON LLOYD MELAMINE DINNER PLATE, SET OF 6 ...
CALYPSO BASICS BY RESTON LLOYD MELAMINE TIDBIT TRAY, INDIGO
CALYPSO BASICS TRAY : AMAZON.CA: HOME
CALYPSO BASICS BY RESTON LLOYD POWDER COATED ENAMELED …
CALYPSO CHICKEN WITH RICE RECIPE BY CREATIVE.CHEF | IFOOD.TV
CALYPSO RICE | TRINI FOOD, RECIPES, JAMAICAN RECIPES
CALYPSO FRIED RICE - GOODCOOK
CARIBBEAN-STYLE CALYPSO RICE WITH JASMINE RICE - CAROLINA® RICE
CALYPSO RICE - THE SHADOW CHEF
CALYPSO RICE CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS
HOW TO MAKE TASTY CARIBBEAN CALYPSO RICE - YOUTUBE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #rice #vegetables #pasta-rice-and-grains #green-yellow-beans #greens #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love