GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE
I found this on a blog on the internet site I can do that. This is a recipe that author "Oggi" adapted from Gordon Ramsay's show "Kitchen Nightmares" where he tried to save the restaurant. This recipe ended up being the signature dish of the restaurant.
Provided by chefRD
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Prepare the mashed potatoes:.
- Place potatoes in a pot, add enough water to cover, add salt, cook for 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and mash (I prefer using a ricer). Warm the cream and butter then add to the mashed potatoes. Season with salt, then beat with a wooden spoon or hand beater for 1 minute until fluffy. Do not overbeat or it might turn gummy.
- Prepare the filling:.
- Add 2 T grated Parmesan cheese. Cover, set aside, keep warm while preparing beef.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, stir fry beef until no longer pink. Drain off excess grease. Add onion, garlic, and carrot and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, thyme and rosemary, cook for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer until wine has almost evaporated. Add the broth and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer beef to a deep dish.
- Spoon mashed potato on top of beef. Sprinkle with 1 T grated Parmesan cheese. Fluff with a fork to create peaks.
- Bake in a 400° F oven for 20 minutes or broil until top is brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 734.1, Fat 31.1, SaturatedFat 13.9, Cholesterol 179.5, Sodium 2057.9, Carbohydrate 45.4, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 6.1, Protein 55.8
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH CHEESE CHAMP TOPPING
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/ 180° C/Gas 4. Place a large, wide frying pan or hob-proof casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Add a dash of oil and fry the mince in batches, seasoning each lot, until well browned. Add the garlic for the last 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Put a little more oil in the same pan and cook the onion and leeks over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until completely softened. Add Worcestershire sauce to taste, then stir in the tomato purée.
- Return the mince to the pan and stir well. Pour in the wine, scraping up any bits from the bottom. Bubble for a couple of minutes to burn off the alcohol, then add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, then add the rosemary and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Cook gently for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce has reduced slightly and the flavours are well-combined. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping. Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain and mash until smooth. Mix in the butter and seasoning, then add the spring onions and three-quarters of the cheese and mix again. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. If the mash is too dry add a splash of milk to loosen.
- Put the lamb mixture into a 28 x 22cm baking dish and top with the mashed potato. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and little salt and pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potato is golden brown and the meat is bubbling underneath, and serve.
People also searched
More about "gordon ramsays shepherd pie food"
GORDON RAMSAY SHEPHERD'S PIE (EASY, CLASSIC COMFORT …
4.9/5 (82)Calories 773 per serving
- In a large stockpot cover peeled potatoes with water then boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Drain.
- Spoon the lamb meat into a casserole dish and then top with the potato. Using a spatula run the potatoes completely over the mince filling in any holes. It should look like a smooth mound.
CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE | GORDON RAMSAY - YOUTUBE
Author Gordon RamsayViews 6.4M
SHEPHERD'S PIE (GORDON RAMSAY) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (28)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 867 per serving
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE - LIFE AT CLOVERHILL
HOW TO COOK GORDON RAMSAY'S AMAZING ENGLISH SHEPHERD …
GORDON RAMSAY’S SHEPHERD'S PIE - COAST
LEMON MERINGUE PIE DELIVERY IN RESTON - ORDER LEMON MERINGUE …
BANANA CREAM PIE DELIVERY IN RESTON - ORDER BANANA CREAM PIE …
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE | RECIPE | SHEPHERDS PIE RECIPE …
GORDON RAMSAY S SHEPHERD PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GORDON RAMSAY’S SHEPHERDS PIE WITH A POACHED EGG
GORDON RAMSAY’S SHEPHERD’S PIE – SAWYERLOSANGELES
GORDON RAMSAY’S SHEPHERD’S PIE — ISOBE FOOD
GORDON RAMSAY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - THEFOODXP
APPLE PIE DELIVERY IN RESTON | DISCOVER APPLE PIE RESTAURANTS WITH ...
GORDON RAMSAY SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE - COOKING FANATIC
BLUEBERRY PIE DELIVERY IN RESTON - ORDER BLUEBERRY PIE NEAR ME …
GORDON RAMSAY SHEPHERD'S PIE (EASY, CLASSIC COMFORT FOOD)
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Gordon Ramsay’s Shepherd’s Pie?To make Gordon Ramsay’s shepherd’s pie, make the mash by mixing potatoes, cream, and eggs. Then, heat oil and cook ground meat in it. Once cooked, add herbs, carrots, onions, and peas. After that, add wine, puree, Worcestershire sauce, and stock. Once the filling is done, put it in a casserole dish. Top it with the mash and parmesan cheese.
What is a shepherds pie?This take on a classic shepherd's pie is as Chef Gordon Ramsay would make it! Like he says in his shows, the requirement to being a 'shepherds pie' vs cottage pie or hamburger pie casserole, is that the meat is indeed lamb meat. Thus, the shepherd would be required. I know, even wikipedia defines the base as including a red meat:
What kind of potatoes are used in Shepherds Pie?Shepherds pie, as opposed to cottage pie or hamburger pie casserole, is made from lamb meat. When your potatoes are cooking, place a mince in the same pan. Place your potatoes in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and bake for 20 minutes. I prefer the gold potatoes, or Yukon gold potatoes, to Russet potatoes in this recipe.
What is the best way to make a lamb Shepherd's pie?Stir in the butter, egg yolks and stir very quickly then add the Parmesan cheese and combine well. (Optional - reserve a few tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese for topping the Shepherds pie) Spoon the lamb meat into a casserole dish and then top with the potato.