ROASTED GARLIC-ASIAGO DIP WITH HOMEMADE CRACKERS
Provided by Anne Burrell
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For the dip: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the garlic bulbs in the oven and roast until soft when squeezed, about 30 minutes; let cool for 10 minutes. Cut the tops off the garlic and squeeze the roasted cloves out of the skin.
- Place the roasted garlic in a food processor with the cheese and season with salt. With the machine running drizzle in the olive oil. Taste and make sure it is delicious; re-season if needed.
- For the crackers: In a small bowl combine the Asiago and cayenne.
- Run the Calzone Dough through a pasta roller, adjusting the setting thinner until the dough gets very thin, about 1/8-inch thick. Dust the dough lightly with flour during the process if the dough is sticky.
- Brush the dough with the egg wash and sprinkle liberally with the Asiago-cayenne mix. Using a pizza wheel, cut the dough crosswise into triangles. Place the dough triangles onto a sheet tray and bake until light brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes on the tray before removing.
- Eat right away or store in an airtight container.
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast and sugar and whisk together with the warm water. Let sit for 15 minutes; when the water looks frothy and smells very yeasty, it's ready.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, add the flours and salt. Pour in the yeast-water mixture and the olive oil. Mix to combine on medium speed. When a dough ball has formed, continue to knead until the dough is tight and not at all sticky, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Lightly oil a mixing bowl, place the dough in the bowl and cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap. Place the bowl in a warm place to let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Punch the dough down and let it rise a final time for 30 to 40 minutes before using.
ROASTED GARLIC-ASIAGO DIP WITH CHEESE CRACKERS
Provided by Anne Burrell
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Make the crackers: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the asiago and cayenne in a small bowl. Dust the pizza dough lightly with flour, then run it through a pasta roller, adjusting the setting thinner each time and dusting with more flour as needed, until about 1/8 inch thick.
- Lightly beat the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a bowl. Brush the dough with the egg wash and sprinkle liberally with the asiago-cayenne mixture. Using a pizza wheel, cut the dough crosswise into triangles. Place the dough triangles on a baking sheet and bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, make the dip: Place the garlic in a small baking dish and roast in the oven until very soft when squeezed, about 40 minutes; let cool 10 minutes. Cut the top off the garlic and squeeze the roasted cloves out of the skin.
- Place the roasted garlic in a food processor, add the asiago and season with salt. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Drizzle in up to 1/4 cup water if the dip is too thick. Taste and make sure it is delicious; re-season if needed. Serve with the crackers.
ROASTED GARLIC DIP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove outer papery skin from both heads of garlic, leaving heads intact; place in small baking dish. Add water to dish to 1-inch depth;cover with foil.
- Bake 1 hour or until garlic is tender, basting occasionally.
- Remove skins from garlic cloves; place garlic in food processor container with steel blade attached or blender.
- Add remaining ingredients; process until smooth.
- Chill. Garnish with chopped fresh chives and red pepper, if desired. Serve with vegetable dippers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1240.5, Fat 106.8, SaturatedFat 53.7, Cholesterol 249.5, Sodium 1754.2, Carbohydrate 48.1, Fiber 3, Sugar 1.9, Protein 25.1
ASIAGO ARTICHOKE DIP
My husband and I were buying this expensive little treat at our grocery store for a while until I looked and saw that it only had a handful of ingredients. After a few tests, voila! Homemade dip!
Provided by Julie_Rushton
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mash up the artichoke hearts in a bowl along with the minced garlic.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Mix it all together and refrigerate until using.
- All the proportions can be tweaked according to personal preference. You can also serve this recipe hot! The cheese gets all melty and yummy!
I was actually looking for an asiago fondue recipe when I found an easy, warm asiago dip recipe on the Betty Crocker website. Unable to locate a desired fondue recipe that would focus on asiago cheese, as opposed to a combination of cheeses, I decided to use the dip recipe with some modifications. It turned out wonderfully, and it was so easy, so here is what I ended up making! I used light versions of the cream cheese and sour cream with success.
Provided by Starrynews
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and asiago cheese in a microwave-safe bowl (or you can do this over the stovetop, as you prefer - melt down the cheeses and mix well).
- Heat for 1 minute in microwave, remove, and stir well. Repeat until the cheeses have melted down and the mixture is well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Add paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes, and mix well.
- Serve in a mini crockpot set on warm, or in a fondue dish over a lit candle, to keep warm. Excellent with bread cubes, veggies, and baked potato wedges!
ROASTED GARLIC ASIAGO DIP
This is sooo good. Very rich. If you like garlic, this is a must try. The prep time includes the time to roast garlic.
Provided by ratherbebaking
Yield 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut the garlic head in half along the"equator" (with root and stem ends representing the poles).
- Place the garlic, cut side down on a foil lined baking sheet and roast uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- (or use your favorite roasting instructions) To remove the garlic, turn heads upside down and gently squeeze the garlic out of the skins.
- Reduce oven temp to 350.
- With a food processor or electric mixer, blend cream cheese, Asiago cheese, heavy cream, sour cream and parsley until well-blended add garlic and blend again.
- Place mixture into a casserole or baking dish and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake about 20 minutes until bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Serve with firm crusty bread, crackers or other dippers of your choice.
- I have added artichoke hearts to the dip for a nice change.
- Update: I have been replacing the heavy cream with sour cream (I have been using a total of 1 cup) and it comes out fine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 578.1, Fat 55.1, SaturatedFat 31.6, Cholesterol 178.1, Sodium 487.6, Carbohydrate 11.5, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 5, Protein 11.9
People also searched
More about "roasted garlic asiago dip food"
ROASTED GARLIC AND ASIAGO VEGETABLE DIP - THE BLACK …
Cuisine AmericanCategory AppetizerServings 10Calories 233 per serving
- Use a knife to cut the top off the head of garlic. Place in a small baking dish and drizzle oil on top of all the visible cloves. Cover with lid and bake in a 375F oven for 50-60 minutes. Garlic cloves should be nicely roasted with a caramelized colour. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- Place the garlic cloves along with the rest of the ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until the dip is smooth and creamy. It may be necessary to stop the processor occasionally to scrape the sides down.
ROASTED GARLIC & ASIAGO CHEESE DIP - MRS HAPPY …
ASIAGO & ROASTED GARLIC DIP MIX | GARLIC DIP, FOOD, ROASTED …
ROASTED GARLIC ASIAGO DIP RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
ROASTED GARLIC ASIAGO DIP RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | DIP RECIPES …
ANNE BURRELL'S ROASTED GARLIC-ASIAGO DIP AND CRACKERS - YOUTUBE
ASIAGO AND ROASTED GARLIC BREAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ROASTED GARLIC ASIAGO DIP FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
ROASTED GARLIC AND ASIAGO DIP | ROASTED GARLIC, BEST PARTY FOOD, …
ROASTED GARLIC AND ASIAGO DIP | FOOD, SNACKS, RECIPES
ROASTED GARLIC AND ASIAGO DIP | FOOD, SNACKS, PARTY FOOD APPETIZERS
ROASTED GARLIC ASIAGO DIP RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE
ROASTED GARLIC ASIAGO DIP CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS ...
#time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #appetizers #oven #dinner-party #dips #dietary #equipment #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love