SPAGHETTI SQUASH & TURKEY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
Great tasting & healthy too. A perfect alternative for when you're really craving pasta, but don't want to give in to the calories and carbs! From Quick & Simple Jan 2007.
Provided by Meredith .F
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mist a 9x13 baking pan with Pam. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and place cut side down in baking pan. Bake 45 minutes until tender.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool slightly. Remove squash from pan, and using a fork, scrape out flesh back into pan. Spread out slightly.
- Mist a large skillet with Pam. Crumble sausage into skillet and cook over med-high heat until no longer pink, breaking into small pieces with spoon. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp parmesan cheese and 1 tsp Mrs. Dash over squash. Top with tomato spinach and crumbled sausage; sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp parmesan and remaining 1 teaspoons seasoning. Lightly coat the mixture's surface with Pam.
- Bake 20-25 minutes more, or until casserole heats through and cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.8, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 2.2, Sodium 122.9, Carbohydrate 33, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.9, Protein 4.3
EASY SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- 1. Cut spaghetti squash in half (length wise). Scoop out seed from center. Put in baking pan cut side down. Pour in 2 cups water (enough to cover bottom of pan plus a little). Cover with foil. Bake 350 degrees for approximately one hour - depending on size. Test for doneness with a fork. Fork should pierce the squash easily. (if you like your squash less done then cook accordingly).
- 2. When done take fork/spoon and scrape out the fibers of the squash. Drain well to get rid of liquid.
- WHILE SQUASH IS BAKING:
- 3. Brown up ground beef and Italian sausage. Drain. Set aside.
- WHILE SQUASH IS BAKING ABOUT 1/2 WAY THROUGH (@30 MIN MARK):.
- 4. Dice up onions and mushrooms.
- 5. Sautee onion in butter/oil. When onions start to brown add mushrooms. When done add in spaghetti sauce and/or fire roasted tomatoes. Heat til warm. Remove from heat.
- 6. Mix in baked squash, ground beef, sausage and parmesan cheese. Transfer to baking dish. Top with 1 cup. shredded cheese.
- 7. Bake 350 until cheese is melted and slightly browning. About 1/2 hour.
- 8. Remove from oven serve. Serve with spoonful of sour cream or plain greek yogurt.
FRESH SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
We grow fresh spaghetti squash in our garden, and this is about our favorite way to eat it. We usually leave the mushrooms out. My kids ask for seconds every time! It looks hard only because the ingredient list is a little long with all those herbs and seasonings. It is really quite easy to prepare.
Provided by TexasToast R
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. Add water and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet. Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, herbs and seasonings; sauté until onion is transparent. Add the tomatoes; cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- Scoop out the squash, separating strands with a fork.
- Combine squash, tomato mixture and all remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese. Pour into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 375° for 40 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown.
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SAUSAGE
I Love this dish. It is so good, and it really is a great substitute when you love pasta dishes but not all those calories and carbs that come with it.
Provided by Hope Rock
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 Entrees, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 (F) degrees.
- Carefully split the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- In a 3 quart casserole dish place a shallow amount of water to the bottom of the dish until the bottom is covered, just.
- Place each squash half, open face down on the casserole dish within the shallow water. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the squash is just soft and stringy to the touch.
- Leaving the oven on, Remove the baked squash from the oven. Carefully start scrapping the squash from the shell (it will be hot), placing the scrapped contents in a medium-large bowl. Be sure to save your shells, simply place the empty shells back in the same shallow casserole dish. These will be reused in a just a bit.
- Add the Spaghetti sauce, salt and garlic powder in with the spaghetti squash that was scrapped into the medium bowl and mix until well combined.
- Fill the shells. Start will a base layer to each shell with the spaghetti squash, add a light layer of the cubed sausage followed by a light layer of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process until all ingredients are evenly layered between both shells. Top with any remaining cheese and add the Parmesan cheese evenly to the top. Place back in the oven and allow to heat through for an additional 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and all the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes. Plate & Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210.5, Fat 12.2, SaturatedFat 5.8, Cholesterol 47, Sodium 974.6, Carbohydrate 12, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 4, Protein 14
CHEESY SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SAUSAGE
Spaghetti Squash is a delicious vegetable that tends to be a little on the "unknown" side. This recipe is one that my husband loves, because it has some meat in it, we eat this as a meal! Enjoy!
Provided by Leslie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut the squash in half and carefully remove the seeds.
- Be sure to cut around the edge so you don't cut into the squash itself.
- Turn halves upside down in a baking pan.
- Bake at 375-degrees for approx 45 minutes, or until the inside is soft.
- Let cool and carefully remove inside of squash with fork or spoon.
- It will look a lot like cooked spaghetti and come out in strands.
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the spaghetti squash strands, garlic and crumbled sausage.
- Cook on med until for approx 5 minutes.
- Add milk and cook until heated through and liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer to a warm bowl and toss with cheeses until mixed.
- Top with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450.1, Fat 31, SaturatedFat 12.7, Cholesterol 69.8, Sodium 1231.3, Carbohydrate 20.5, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.8, Protein 23.8
SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE WITH SWEET SAUSAGE & PEPPERS
This is fantastic! I love using bratwurst in my pasta dishes in place of ground beef. It bursts with flavor and adds sweetness.
Provided by buzzy1017
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve spaghetti squash and place cut side down on buttered baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender. Cool to the point of being able to handle, remove and discard seeds then shred pulp gently with a fork so that strands resemble spaghetti noodles. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- While squash bakes, cook and crumble bratwurst in a skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, onion and garlic and continue cooking until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add squash, tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to skillet and heat through. Remove from heat and drain excess liquid. Mix in 3/4 cup Parmesan and transfer to a greased 9×13 or oval 2 quart casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, topping with remaining Parmesan for the last five minutes of baking time.
ITALIAN TURKEY AND SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
A delicious full balanced meal that is low in calories, fat, and carbs! Cooked spaghetti squash makes an excellent substitute for regular pasta. It's filling comfort food and kids love it, too!
Provided by StrikingEyes00
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Halve squash lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, in a large baking dish and prick skin all over with a fork. Bake until tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook turkey with season salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain, remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add cooked turkey and simmer, stirring often, until desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Place ricotta cheese and egg in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Remove squash from oven and increase oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Using a fork, carefully rake stringy squash pulp from shell, separating it into strands that look like spaghetti. Arrange spaghetti squash strands in bottom and up sides of pie plate to form a crust.
- Add ricotta cheese mixture and gently spread over squash.
- Pour tomato-turkey sauce over cheese mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before dividing into six servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197.9, Fat 8.8, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 96.7, Sodium 481.4, Carbohydrate 11.4, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 6.3, Protein 18.6
People also searched
More about "spaghetti squash turkey sausage casserole food"
TURKEY SAUSAGE MUSHROOM SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
5/5 (1)Category Casserole, MainServings 8Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Prepare the spaghetti squash by following these instructions or these instructions for cooking in the oven or these instructions for cooking in the microwave.
GROUND TURKEY SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE - DELIGHTFUL …
NINJA 3 IN 1: SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE
Servings 6Total Time 1 hrCategory PoultryCalories 241 per serving
- Set pot to STOVETOP HIGH. Add sausage to pot. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until browned, stirring often. Remove sausage from pot. Spoon off fat.
- Pour water into pot. Place roasting rack into pot. Place squash, cut side down, on rack. Set OVEN to 425 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Using fork, scrape flesh from squash and add to pot. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning. Top with sausage, tomato, spinach and remaining Parmesan cheese and seasoning. Set OVEN to 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cover and cook until mixture is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
KIELBASA-&-SWISS SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE RECIPE - EATINGWELL
PIZZA STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH - FARM LIFE DIY
SPAGHETTI SQUASH TURKEY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE FOOD
EASY 'CHRISTMAS MORNING BREAKFAST CASSEROLE' IS A SERIOUS CROWD …
TURKEY SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE RECIPE
15 PALEO RECIPES WITH SPAGHETTI SQUASH - SELECTED RECIPES
SPAGHETTI SQUASH & SAUSAGE PIZZA CASSEROLE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
SPAGHETTI SQUASH LASAGNA WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE & SPINACH
21 EASY GROUND SAUSAGE RECIPES TO MAKE FOR HEARTY MEALS
TURKEY SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SAUSAGE AND KALE - SIMPLY RECIPES
TRUE FOOD KITCHEN - 595 PHOTOS & 231 REVIEWS - YELP
TURKEY BOLOGNESE SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE RECIPE
You'll also love