This dish comes from the Caribbean. The lamb is marinated in a spicy paste for 2 or 3 hours, then roasted with red peppers and black eyed peas. The result is that the beans soak up the meat's dripping and the peppers lend a touch of sweetness to balance this one-dish meal. Weigh your lamb for the exact cooking time. 20 minutes per pound yields a medium-cooked roast. Allow 5 minutes less/per pound for rare and 5 minutes more/per pound for well done.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by threeovens
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
I've done more than a few lamb dishes dedicated to Easter, but inexplicably have never posted one for a whole leg of lamb. It's such a classic Easter menu option, and, when prepared using this method, makes for a very user-friendly hunk of meat.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
This is delicious, I make this for special occasions, it also looks impressive. I do not find it too spicy just nicely spiced. A green vegetable and rice are good with this Raan masaledar!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by PetsRus
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
An Indian-inspired yogurt marinade with cumin, turmeric, chilli and fennel works beautifully with a joint of succulent meat
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
People also searched
More about "spicy leg of lamb recipes"
SPICED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - REEM KASSIS | FOOD & WINE
2018-11-08 · Transfer lamb to a wire rack set in a large roasting pan. Refrigerate, uncovered, at least 6 hours or up to overnight. Let lamb stand at room …
- Mince 4 of the garlic cloves. In a small bowl, whisk minced garlic, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, salt, coriander, cumin, dill, sumac, Nine-Spice Mix, and cayenne until a smooth paste forms.
- Using a paring knife, cut slits all over lamb. Rub spice mixture over lamb, pressing into slits. Smash remaining 4 garlic cloves. Tuck bay leaves and smashed garlic into 4 of the slits. Transfer lamb to a wire rack set in a large roasting pan. Refrigerate, uncovered, at least 6 hours or up to overnight. Let lamb stand at room temperature 1 hour before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Roast lamb, uncovered, in preheated oven until spice mixture just begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Remove lamb from the oven, and reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Add 1/2 cup water to roasting pan, and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Return lamb to oven, and roast at 325°F until tender and almost falling apart, about 3 hours, adding more water if necessary. (Water in pan may evaporate too quickly.)
- Increase oven temperature to 425°F. (Do not remove pan from oven.) Uncover roasting pan, and continue to roast until top is browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer lamb to a cutting board; tent with foil, and let rest 15 minutes. Pull meat into large chunks and serve.
MOROCCAN SPICE-RUBBED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD
2013-12-07 · Stir in the lemon juice and honey. Advertisement. Step 2. In a small skillet, combine the coriander, cardamom, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, and cayenne. Toast the spices …
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a small saucepan of boiling water, blanch the lemon zest until softened and pale, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and honey.
- In a small skillet, combine the coriander, cardamom, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, and cayenne. Toast the spices over high heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Light a charcoal grill or heat a grill pan. Rub the lamb all over with the cut sides of the garlic. Coat well with the toasted spices. Season with salt and pepper and brush with the oil. Grill the lamb over moderate heat until well browned all over, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the leg of lamb to a roasting pan and roast in the oven for 1 1/4 hours. Brush the lamb liberally with the honey-lemon sauce and roast for about 15 minutes longer, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the leg registers 140° for medium-rare meat.
SLOW ROASTED MOROCCAN SPICED LEG OF LAMB - HEALTHY …
2017-12-10 · 1) Overnight marinade with spices and fresh herbs. 2) Searing the leg of lamb in the oven at a higher temperature (425 F or 218 C) 3) Roasting and Braising the leg of lamb at a …
- In a food processor add onions, olive oil, paprika, turmeric, saffron water, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, parsley and sugar substitute. Blend until well incorporated - thick paste.
- make triangle slits on the top of the fat side of the leg of lamb. Remove any tough fascia from the bottom of the leg of lamb. Cut deep slit with your knife just big enough to slide in a whole garlic clove into the meat in 6-8 places. Drizzle the leg of lamb with the marinade and rub all over the lamb. Marinate the leg of lamb covered in the refrigerator overnight.
- For a 4.5 pound semi-boneless leg of lamb it was 30 minutes of browning in the oven, then followed by reducing the temperature and adding the aromatics and liquids and braised covered for 3 hours and then 30 – 60 minutes of browning and 20 minutes of resting and making the gravy for a total of 4 hours and 45 minutes of cooking. If you want to eat around 6 pm… start the process around 1pm in the afternoon.
- Preheat oven to (425 F or 218 C) Place the chopped onions and extra garlics at the bottom of the pan. Place the marinated leg of lamb on top of vegetables and season to taste with salt and pepper and drizzle with fresh lemon juice. Roast UNCOVERED for about 30 minutes with the fat side up just until browned nicely. Keep an eye on it, so it does not get too browned. Check it at 15-20 minutes.
SPICED ROAST LEG OF LAMB & 'BOMBAY' ROAST POTATOES RECIPE
2022-04-13 · Once ready to cook, preheat the oven to 220C/200 fan/gas 7. Place the marinated lamb in a roasting tin, over a rack, and place in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, …
FOOD LUST PEOPLE LOVE: SPICY GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
2021-06-27 · Crush the peeled garlic with a mortar and pestle, along with the salt, peppercorns, za’atar and lemon (or lime, I use either depending on what's in the fridge) zest, until you have …
SWEET AND SPICY LEG OF LAMB - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
2011-11-01 · Combine mustard, honey, coriander, cumin and cayenne in a small bowl. Brush over lamb. Season with pepper. Marinate for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 425 F.
SPICY OVEN-BAKED LEG OF LAMB - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
2016-10-17 · How to cook. Mix all of the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Put the leg of lamb in an oven dish and smear it thoroughly with the spicy mixture. Pour in water and cover …
NIGEL SLATER'S SPICY SLOW-ROAST LAMB - COOKSISTER | FOOD, TRAVEL ...
2007-11-28 · a thick slice of butter. Method. Pre-heat the oven to 160C and start making the spice rub. Peel the garlic cloves and lightly crush them together with the salt using a pestle …
SHAWARMA-SPICED BRAISED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
2015-11-17 · Step 6. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium (if lamb doesn’t fit in the pot you have, set a roasting pan over two burners instead). Add onion and …
SPICY ROAST LEG OF LAMB | COOKSTR.COM
Instructions. Place the onion, garlic, ginger, cardamom seeds, red chilies, peppercorns, green chilies, salt, brown sugar, vinegar, yogurt, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds in a blender and …
SPICY BARBECUED LEG OF LAMB - JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Light the barbecue and prepare a hot side and a cooler side. Halve the lemongrass lengthways, and peel and roughly chop the ginger and garlic, then …
ROAST INDIAN LEG OF LAMB: SOMETHING SPECIAL - GREEDY GOURMET
2020-11-04 · Instructions. Place the garlic, oil, yogurt, ginger, saffron, coriander, pepper, curry powder, chilli, ketchup, salt, sugar and lemon in a large bowl and stir until smooth. Pierce the …
20 BEST LEFTOVER LAMB RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
2021-05-17 · Here, leftover roast lamb is simmered with chopped swedes, parsnips, carrots, and potatoes. It’s healthy, hearty, and will leave you with a satisfying warm glow on the coldest …
ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - DAMN DELICIOUS
2019-04-06 · Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, score the top side of the lamb by making …
BRAISED LEG OF LAMB WITH SPICY (OR SWEET) ONION SAUCE
2019-01-29 · Make about 15 slits all over the lamb with a paring knife, deep enough for the garlic to sit later. Spread the yogurt all over the lamb then season with the 7 spices, salt and pepper. …
SPICY LEG OF LAMB RECIPE
Spicy leg of lamb recipe. Learn how to cook great Spicy leg of lamb . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Spicy leg of lamb recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. …
SPICED ROAST LEG OF LAMB - SOUTH AFRICAN FOOD | EATMEE RECIPES
2021-06-29 · Preheat oven to 180° Celsius or 356° Fahrenheit. First, start off by preparing the marinade. Add the garlic cloves to a blender. Add in the lemon zest & thyme – be sure to …
HONEY-ROASTED SPICY LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Preheat the oven to 225C/425F/Gas 7 and place the lamb on a rack with a roasting tray underneath. Cook for 15 minutes then lower the heat to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and cook for …
RECIPE: SPICE-SEARED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB | KITCHN
2007-11-21 · Heat a heavy covered skillet over high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a spoonful of butter. When it sizzles, add the lamb. Sear until it develops a dark crust – about 8 minutes …
12 LAMB MARINADE RECIPES FOR A TENDER, JUICY, DELICIOUS FEAST
2022-01-06 · Lamb chops are marinated overnight in a bold mixture of chili powder, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, and citrus juices. "When I make it, this savory lamb dish has impressed …
RAAN MASALEDAR - SPICY LEG OF LAMB RECIPE
Heat the oil in a small frying pan over a medium flame. When hot, put in the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and peppercorns. When the cloves swell - this takes just a few seconds - pour the …
PERFECT ROASTED LEG OF LAMB (NO-FAIL RECIPE) - THE MEDITERRANEAN …
2022-03-06 · Run the processor until the rub is smooth. Set aside for now. Salt and broil the lamb leg. Season the meat generously with kosher salt and black pepper. Place the lamb on a wire …
SPICY MAPLE-GLAZED LEG OF LAMB | METRO
Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight, basting meat occasionally. Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Roast lamb in marinade, uncovered for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F …
SPICED ROAST LAMB | JAMIE OLIVER ROAST LAMB RECIPES
Drizzle the lamb with olive oil and add a splash of water to the tray, then roast for 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 130ºC/250ºF/gas ½ and roast for a further 2 hours 30 …
LEG OF LAMB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Stuffed Leg of Lamb. Rating: 4.5 stars. 33. Rolled leg of lamb stuffed with spinach, goat's cheese and pine nuts. Suggested: Serve with Brussels sprouts cooked in butter and fresh garlic. A …
MOROCCAN-SPICED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Step 4. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add roast, browning on all sides. Add onion, wine, garlic, and broth, and bring to a simmer. Insert meat thermometer into the thickest …
MARINATED LEG OF LAMB ROAST IN SPICED YOGURT | EAT THE HEAT
2020-04-16 · Preheat oven to 425℉. Remove lamb from refrigerator. Place lamb on a roasting rack and allow some of the excess marinade to drain and to sit at room temperature (just to …
SPICY LAMB FEAST RECIPE - NAPOLEON.COM
Butterflied and spiced leg of lamb served with Persian jeweled rice and grilled squash, served with yogurt, mint, and Aleppo peppers. Prep Time. 20 Min. Cook Time. 50 Min. Yield. 2. …
SLOW-COOKED SPICY LAMB - THE HAPPY FOODIE
To make the spicy lamb: Heat 4 tbsp oil in a heavy casserole and brown the lamb, a few pieces at a time. Remove to a plate, add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook on a very low heat …
SPICY ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - HAPPYHUNGRYHIJABI.COM
2021-07-24 · Flip the leg, cover with the masala again and cook for 1 hour longer. Add potatoes for roasting, flip the meat and cook for 45 minutes. Bake for a few more hours until the meat …
SPICY LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
The objective: A nice, pink, juicy leg of lamb has a final temperature of about 120 degrees F. Use a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet with a fitted rack.. A A Spicy Leg Of Lamb Recipe - …
SPICY LEG OF LAMB - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
Spicy Leg of Lamb is a gluten free, dairy free, and primal main course. This recipe serves 10. One portion of this dish contains approximately 48g of protein, 19g of fat, and a total of 385 …
JOHN TORODE ROAST LEG OF LAMB WITH CURRY PASTE RECIPE
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, score the top side of the lamb by making shallow cuts …
SPICE-RUBBED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Advertisement. Step 2. Place lamb in a large, shallow pan. Pour marinade over lamb and turn to coat several times. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Step 3. Position rack in …
INDIAN-SPICED LEG OF LAMB WITH PILAU RICE | TESCO REAL FOOD
Put the lamb into a large sealable bag and refrigerate overnight. Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Sit the lamb on a roasting rack in a roasting tin, cover with foil and bake for …
WAKE UP YOUR LEG OF LAMB WITH THE HOT, NUMBING FLAVORS OF …
2018-08-10 · The cooking method itself was easy enough—I just followed our extensive guide to cooking leg of lamb, which has you start by cooking the lamb in a low 275°F oven until it's …
HONEY-ROASTED SPICY LEG OF LAMB RECIPE FROM INDIAN FOOD MADE …
This leg of lamb is slightly spicy, lemony and at first bite, a little sweet. Honey and lemon make a fantastic combination and the spices just add to it. As with all roast lamb recipes, this dish …
SUPERBLY SPICED ROAST LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | ABEL & COLE
Preheat the oven to 220ºC/Fan 200ºC/Gas 7. Rub the lamb all over with olive oil. Pop in a large roasting tin. Mix all the spices together with a pinch of salt and pepper, then dust over the …
SPICY LEG OF LAMB WITH HERBED CRUST RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
Method. 1. Put all the marinade ingredients in a non-metallic bowl and mix together well. Cut a series of small diagonal slits into the lamb, then put the lamb in a shallow non-metallic dish …
SPICY LEG OF LAMB – RECIPES NETWORK
2015-12-04 · The objective: A nice, pink, juicy leg of lamb has a final temperature of about 120 degrees F. Use a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet with a fitted rack. Elevating the lamb …
ROAST LEG OF LAMB WITH SPICY TOPPING- BORD BIA
A day ahead if possible, mix the spice mixture and rub over the lamb, leave in the fridge overnight. Heat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 190°C (375°F). Remove the lamb from the fridge 20 …
SPICY LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | ALEX GUARNASCHELLI | COOKING CHANNEL
The objective: A nice, pink, juicy leg of lamb has a final temperature of about 120 degrees F. Use a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet with a fitted rack. Elevating the lamb slightly off the …