SPINACH LASAGNA ROLL-UPS
One night friends on a tight schedule stopped by. I invited them to stay for dinner, so I needed something I could fix in short order. I created these savory roll-ups, featuring a creamy three-cheese filling. They taste like lasagna but bake in a fraction of the time. -Julia Trachsel Victoria, British Columbia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, mix eggs, spinach, cheeses and seasonings., Pour 1 cup pasta sauce into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread 1/3 cup cheese mixture over each noodle; roll up and place over sauce, seam side down. Top with remaining sauce. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, 5-10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 569 calories, Fat 22g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 145mg cholesterol, Sodium 1165mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 38g protein.
SPINACH LASAGNA ROLL UPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna in boiling water until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain and lay noodles flat onto a flat surface.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer garlic to a large bowl; add spinach, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir mixture until evenly combined.
- Spread a heaping 1/4 cup of spinach mixture into the middle of each lasagna noodle. Roll noodle firmly around the filling. Arrange rolled noodles into a baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over the rolls. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil from dish and continue cooking another 5 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the rolls to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202.4 calories, Carbohydrate 26.6 g, Cholesterol 12.2 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 9.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 645 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
MAKE-AHEAD SPINACH PHYLLO ROLL-UPS
Keep Make-Ahead Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups in the freezer and pop one in the oven for a quick appetizer later. These spinach phyllo roll-ups are delicious.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 15 servings or 5 logs, 3 servings each
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix first 5 ingredients until blended.
- Brush 1 phyllo sheet lightly with butter; top with 2 more phyllo sheets, lightly brushing each layer with some of the remaining butter. Place remaining phyllo sheet between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until ready to use; set aside.
- Spread 1/5 of the spinach mixture along one short side of phyllo stack. Fold in long sides of phyllo; roll up from one short side to make log. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and spinach mixture to make 4 additional logs. Brush with remaining butter. Make small cuts in tops of logs at 1-inch intervals. Place in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bags or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Freeze up to 3 months. When ready to bake, remove desired number of logs from freezer. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, several hours or overnight until thawed. Unwrap, then place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 375°F oven 25 min. or until golden brown. Cool 5 min. Transfer to cutting board. Use serrated knife to cut each log into 6 slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 330 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, Protein 5 g
SPINACH AND RICOTTA ROLLS
Was looking for a sausage roll recipe that used spinach, ricotta and puff pastry. Couldn't find one here on ZAAR but after a google search I came across this one on someones blog site, and posting here to pass onto a friend.
Provided by ImPat
Yield 24 mini sausage rolls, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 200C (390F) fan forced or 220C (435/430F) convectional, please note that there can be slight variations between ovens.
- Heat oil in a fry pan, add onion and fry gently for 2 minutes, add spinach and pinenuts and season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Add ricotta and mix thoroughly and then add the lightly beaten egg and mix well together.
- Place pastry sheets on a flat surface and cut in half.
- Spoon or pipe spinach mixture along the length of each half of the pastry and brush water down the length of the other side and roll up like a sausage roll, repeat with other sheets of pastry and mix.
- Cut to preferred size (I like to cut into 4 to make mini rolls about 6cm long).
- Put a couple of slits in each roll (to allow steam to escape).
- Place on baking tray/sheet seam side down.
- Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
SPINACH AND RICOTTA CHEESE ROLL-UPS
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Squeeze-dry the thawed spinach very well, (is is very important to make sure there is NO moisture left in the spinach, as this will make the mixture soggy).
- Mix the spinach with the melted butter; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, grated mozza cheese, 2 eggs, flour, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg, mix thoroughly.
- Mix the spinach in the ricotta mixture, mix well to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto a cooked lasagna noodle; roll up.
- Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Lay the rolled noodles into a prepared greased baking dish, seam-side down.
- Cover with a layer of marinara sauce (you do not have to cover the rolls completely with the sauce).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan chees (any amount desired).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- *NOTE* if desired sprinkle grated Mozzeralla cheese over the rolls the last 10 minutes of baking time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430.4, Fat 26, SaturatedFat 15.1, Cholesterol 148.1, Sodium 520.2, Carbohydrate 28, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 4.9, Protein 21.4
GROUND BEEF AND SPINACH LASAGNA ROLLUPS
- In a skillet, add the ground beef and onion; cook over medium-high heat until beef is no-longer pink; stir often and crumble beef while cooking; drain well.
- Add in 1/2 cup pasta sauce; stir to combine.
- Take skillet off of burner.
- Spread 3 tablespoons pasta sauce in an ungreased 8-inch square glass baking pan.
- In a bowl, add egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and 3/4 cup mozzarella; stir to mix.
- Spread 1/4 of the ricotta mixture, spinach leaves, and beef mixture over each lasagna noodle.
- Beginning with the short side, loosely roll each noodle.
- Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Top rollups with remaining pasta sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Take off foil; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 2-4 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
SPINACH AND CHEESE PIZZA ROLL-UPS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly dust a baking sheet and work surface with flour.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle about the size of the baking sheet (13 by 18 inches).
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, mozzarella and garlic. Toss to combine. Evenly sprinkle over the dough, leaving about a 1-inch border all the way around. Dot the mixture with the ricotta cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roll the dough into a log, starting at a short end. Tuck any filling that may have fallen out back into the roll. Transfer the log seam-side down to the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until golden brown and puffed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, then slice into rounds and serve with marinara sauce.
People also searched
More about "spinach and ricotta cheese roll ups food"
SPINACH AND RICOTTA ROTOLO (ITALIAN LASAGNA ROLL UPS)
5/5 (50)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory MainsCalories 553 per serving
SPINACH AND RICOTTA ROLLS | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (39)Total Time 35 minsCategory Appetizer, Party FoodCalories 202 per serving
- Place spinach in a colander and use a wooden spoon or your hands to press out excess water. You could also do this using a tea towel or paper towels. Transfer spinach to a bowl (drink the liquid, it’s good for you!).
SPINACH LASAGNA ROLL UPS - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN ROLL UPS RECIPE
SPINACH AND RICOTTA CHEESE LASAGNA ROLLS | CANADIAN …
SPINACH AND RICOTTA CHEESE LASAGNA ROLL-UPS - MY COOKING JOURNEY
5/5 (9)Total Time 1 hrCuisine European, ItalianCalories 214 per serving
- Cook the lasagna based on the package instructions. Keep them separated on a greased baking sheet, so they don’t stick to each other.
- combine all the ingredients mentioned under the filling. Make sure that you thaw the frozen spinach and squeeze out all the extra moisture.
- To the store-bought or home-made marinara, add the remaining dry spices mentioned in the list and mix well.
SPINACH & RICOTTA LASAGNA ROLL UPS IN 2022 | RECIPES, SPINACH AND ...
HAM ROLL UPS - 730 SAGE STREET
LASAGNE ROLL UPS WITH SPINACH AND RICOTTA #SHORTS
THREE CHEESE AND SPINACH MANICOTTI ON A WINTER'S DAY
SPINACH AND FETA ROLLS | GEORGIA WENDT
MAIN - CHICKEN ROLL UPS WITH SPINACH AND RICOTTA RECIPES
EASY LASAGNA ROLLS WITH SPINACH AND RICOTTA - ALL WE EAT
SPINACH AND CHEESE ROLL UPS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RICOTTA CHEESE & SPINACH ZUCCHINI ROLL-UPS
SPINACH AND CHEESE ROLLS RECIPE | AUSTRALIA'S BEST RECIPES
THREE-CHEESE AND SPINACH MANICOTTI MAKES THE MEAL
R/TODAYIATE - SPINACH, SAUSAGE AND RICOTTA PIZZA AT FRANK PEPE'S …
You'll also love